Saturday, March 8, 2014

Flower Blocks 3


Welcome to DAY 1 of our March Release Blog Hops!

Today the design team is thrilled to share our new Flower Blocks 3 Clear Stamp Set with you.  This large set offers a wide range of possibilities---a beautiful new set to get you ready for Spring.


This is the third set in our Flower Blocks series.  These bold and beautiful blooms make the perfect focal image and can be easily paper-pieced or colored.
  • Stamp set includes 4 images and 4 sentiments
  • Set measures approximately 6" x 8"
  • The images measure approximately 2 5/8" x 2 5/8"
  • Designed by Korin Sutherland


For my sample today I used the lovely pansy image.  I wasn't exactly sure how I wanted to color the image because there are so many beautiful variations of this flower so I did a Google search and found just the image I wanted to *try* to mimic. Here's the image I chose...


After I colored the image I cut out each petal and glued them all back together using foam tape and glue dots to create some dimension.  Unfortunately, it's almost impossible to see the dimension in my photo, but I assure you, in real life, it's there. :)

Since I spent a great deal of effort on the image I really wanted it to take center stage on my card so I kept the rest fairly simple.  I stamped our Delightfully Delicate background in Stampin' Up's Elegant Eggplant ink (second generation) on a white cardstock base.  Then I added a pretty rhinestone flourish and some ribbon and finished it off with a tag sentiment from our Mini Tags & Sentiments stamps and dies.  I really hope you like it!  Enjoy the rest of the hop!  The team outdid themselves yet again with their amazing creations!

Check out the rest of the team's samples in the thumbnails below.  Stop by each of their blogs and comment for a chance to WIN one of (2) $20 gift codes to our store over the course of our 4 days of blog hops!

Don't miss these other opportunities to win:
(1) $20 gift code drawn from all comments on Friday's release blog post
(1) $20 gift code drawn from all comments on release post in our SCS forum
(1) $20 gift code drawn from all participants in our release challenge hosted on our blog

The deadline to comment for a chance to win is midnight EST Friday, March 14th.  The list of winners will be announced on our blog by Monday, March 17th.

Thanks so much for joining us!  Enjoy the hop!

37 comments:

Sue Gautreaux said...

Beautiful! Your coloring is exquisite!!

TLady said...

HOW LOVELY!!!! Your chosen designer paper just makes your image ALL THE MORE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful color. I love the new stamp set, got the other 2 so I will have to have this one also. Mary Schreiber

Donna Whitten said...

Beautiful card, great coloring!

Sue D said...

Beautiful coloring and I like the background and the bling.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Korin. Love the coloring on the flower and the blings. Another fabulous set!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Love your monochromatic card, Korin! Love your layout and your use of the real estate!

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

guilinger2 said...

what a fabulous job you did of creating the realism in your flower!

Amy Marshall said...

This is beautiful. Love the coloring.

Debbie V said...

Your pansy is so beautiful -- love 'em in purple!

Bridget said...

What a beautiful job of being inspired by God's creation you did with this pansy, Korin - and I love the pretty bg and gem flourish!

Giovana Smith said...

Amazing coloring, Korin, Beautiful!

Graciellie CH said...

That violet blue just pops! Great coloring and lovely floral stamp... And of course that background stamp from your last release is the perfect pattern to accentuate your focal image. Lovely.

Scrappin' Diva said...

You did a wonderful job coloring this card! It looks fabulous!

Carol Ann Ater said...

A pansy is my all time favorite flower and you have done a gorgeous job with this stamp and coloring.

marylouh said...

So pretty. Love all of the swirls on the paper and the bling. the flower is colored so nicely. Great card.

sharon g said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You did an amazing job of making it look as pretty as the natural, real one!

lisa808 said...

Amazing coloring! Love the pansy image.

Heather said...

Pansies are my favorite flowers! They really do come in so many gorgeous colors and color combinations and I think they are just plain adorable! Your card is gorgeous! Love that background stamp; it's on my must have list.

Jean Bullock said...

Pansies are my favorite flower too. I love the background stamping and the bow and bling flourish. A delight to my eyes.

Kelly Flaherty said...

Very skillful coloring and shading on the pansy - not an easy flower to get right. Love your choice of colors.

Ceal said...

Gorgeous! you did an excellent job mimicking the image. Beautiful coloring!

Pati said...

Pretty flower! Lovely pairing with the delicate background stamp & rhinestones!

StampingJudy said...

Just gorgeous Korin. Pansies are one of favorite flowers!

Susie said...

Big, bold, and beautiful. Splitting the sentiment is a great idea when designing with large images. A lovely feminine design.

Kris B said...

Beautiful! Love the vibrant color and the dimension you added by cutting the petals!

the primitive country bug said...

So beautiful! Your coloring is amazingly realistic! Glad you posted your inspiration. :)

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Awesome coloring of the image. TFS

clmelton said...

I love the bling! Seriously, I'm impressed with the layering on the flower petals. I am going to try this tomorrow - great look.

Andrea La Vigne said...

Such a beautiful flower! I think it's neat that you used a photo for your color inspiration. I've done that a time or 2 myself. Great job!

Nana Griffin said...

Great coloring on the pansy.

Marla said...

Love the water color look of your flower. TFS

Kelly Sas said...

Your flower definitely takes center stage! You should be very proud.

Iris said...

Gorgeous card - love the pansy and the bling.
isoscia at aol dot com

Sharon Roselli said...

This is a incredible pansy! Love the coloring it is a great image.

Jessie said...

Your coloring is just amazing, and so true to the picture too!