Saturday, February 8, 2014

February Release Hop: Bloom & Grow

Welcome to DAY 1 of our February Release Blog Hops!

Today the DT is thrilled to share the new Bloom & Grow stamp set with you.  This 4"x6" set includes 6 images that can be used together for layering or to create backgrounds.  It also includes 6 beautiful sentiments that have to do with blooming and growing---a lovely new set to get you thinking Spring.

 
  • Large Flower Petal image measures approximately 1.5" x 1.5"
  •  Designed by Korin Sutherland
  • Stamp set is $15 
Here are a couple samples I made.  The first one you may have seen on the SNSS Blog yesterday.  It's my sample for the Think Spring Challenge we are hosting through our release celebration. (Enter for a chance to win a $20 gift code to our store!!  WOOT!)  
 For this card I simply stamped the petals numerous times rotating their angle each time to create a layered flower and then I stamped the two stem images one on top of the other a few times to go with the layered look of the flower petals.  The sentiment was stamped in the lower right corner and then I freehand drew the border with a black Micron pen.

For this card I stamped the Delightfully Delicate Background, that we will be featuring tomorrow, very lightly with brown ink in the background and then stamped the flowers and stems in first and second generation to create a garden.  The dainty scallop border is from our Bookmarks & More Dies (LOVE THEM!!).  I added some twine and a button for a bit pf interest and then stamped the sentiment directly on the card front in brown ink (Vintage Sepia Versafine).


The DT has shared their own gorgeous samples in the thumbnails below.  Stop by each of their blogs and comment for a chance to WIN one of (2) $20 gift codes to our store!

Don't miss these other opportunities to win:
(1) $20 gift code drawn from all comments on Friday's release blog post
(1) $20 gift code drawn from all comments on full reveals in our SCS forum
(1) $20 gift code drawn from all participants in our release challenge hosted on blog
The deadline to comment for a chance to win is midnight EST Friday, February 14th.  The list of winners will be announced on our blog by Monday, February 17th.

Thanks so much for joining us!  Enjoy the hop!

35 comments:

Jessica Fick said...

So pretty, Korin. I could handle seeing some of these beautiful flowers coming up from the frozen ground in my neighborhood anytime now!! Love this stamp set!

Lucinde said...

Love the combination of all the stamps :)

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

both cards are beautiful - I love layers but yet the simple one is great also
thanks for sharing

Barb Housner

grandmato19 said...

Always wonderful to see what the designer herself does with the product - absolutely stunning!

Donna Whitten said...

Very pretty cards, I especially love the first! Great stamp set.

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards. I like the layered stamping on the first and the multiple stamping on the second.

merrymstamper said...

Very pretty!
I love the freehand frame drawing and the second card with the subtle background!

Becky said...

Beautiful cards.

Patty said...

Both beautiful cards! Love the border on your first CAS card, and love the repeated stamping & layout of your second!!

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Korin! Love the doodled frame and the depth of the flower on the first card and the pretty way the flowers were stamped on the faded background on the second! Fabulous samples and release! Hugs!

Julie S. said...

Both cards are so gorgeous! That's what I like so much about flower stamps, you can use them so many different ways, (like on the first card) and you still end up with a pretty flower.

Dea said...

Both cards are beautiful, tfs

Dea

Mary-Anne V said...

Korin this is such a pretty stamp...love how it looks painted. your cards are wonderful.

Giovana Smith said...

Both card are really beautiful!!

Graciellie CH said...

I like this set. Both the graphics and the sentiments are precious. Thanks for sharing your project and thanks also for the giveaway.

gracielliedesign.blogspot.com

Amy Marshall said...

Beautiful cards. Love how you did the flower on the first card, I hadn't thought of doing that. Great stamp set.

Scrappin' Diva said...

Your first CAS card is gorgeous and your second card is bright and vibrant!

Jan Leslie said...

Love your cards Korin!! You do such beautiful work - the first one is great for a CAS card it is so pretty. The second one is gorgeous, love everything you did to that one!

emilysestuary said...

I have to be honest with you. I really think this set is my favorite SNS Set EVER! I love it that much.

And your cards are wonderful.
Em

Dorinda K said...

Korin, you should be proud. This was so awesome and I love the stamp set. Well done

Nana Griffin said...

Two great looking cards! Great ideas and colors used.

McStamper said...

Your cards are great. Really love the simplicity of the top one. This is a great set.

Janeen said...

beauty. i like how you used the BG stamp.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful!!!

itzamitzi said...

I am so "into" kraft cards right now, and yours is stunning. But I also love the boldness of the flower and the beautiful simplicity of the other card.

Sandra said...

love this set - LOVE the cards!
Sandra ltb

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Korin. I love the pretty colors. Perfect Spring images and colors.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

fabulous cards!

Jean Bullock said...

Your cards are beautiful. I must compliment you on the design of this stamp set. When I first saw it, I didn't think much of it HOWEVER when I saw it used in this hop I certainly changed my mind. Well done.

Judy Woodland said...

Love the stamp set, love your cards! So many possibilities, thanks for the great inspiration!

Pati said...

Very pretty cards! I love your doodled frame with the placement of the flower on the first! I love the delicate bg and flowers on the 2nd!

Mary Kruschke said...

How very cool to show us two types of flowers with one stamp. I'm loving all these pink spring flowers. Great set!

the primitive country bug said...

Both of these cards are as sweet as can be! Love the hand drawn border. Very clever!

Andrea La Vigne said...

I think both cards are stunning, but my favorite is the second one. Love the "antique-y" look you got with the delicate background stamp in that one, contrasting with the brighter colors in the flowers. Also like how you stamped the sentiment in brown instead of black. It just seems to add a little subtler touch. Thanks so much for sharing your talent!

Kelly Flaherty said...

Both of your cards are so bright, beautiful, cheerful and wonderful! I would be thrilled if I was receiving one of your cards.