Thursday, October 20, 2011

Chubby Cardinal & Life Update

I love chubby cardinals.....not sure why, maybe because they look more cuddly when they are fat :).....anyway, when I decided to design a cardinal stamp set, I knew the the bird would need to be chubby. I think this one fits the bill :).

I made this card for yesterday's SCS sketch challenge. I can't even remember the last time I played along with one of their sketches and my how I have missed them!! The sketch challenge has always been my favorite :). Since things have finally calmed down a bit for me I headed right to the sketch challenge for inspiration and this is what I came up with.


I've been saving up all my Christmas paper scraps so I found some really great papers for my card. It did take me a while to figure out how I was going to lay them all out, but I have been a tad out of practice so that's my excuse ;).

Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps: Christmas Joy (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: misc. scraps
Ink: Memento, Copics, Versafine
Accessories: ribbon, Nesties, Lacey Eyelet border die available soon at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps


On a different note, I thought I would fill you in on some of the reasons I haven't been around blogland much over the past month or so...

A couple weekends ago was the Heirloom Stamp Show in York, PA, one of the two shows we planned to do this year. We had a GREAT time and I can't wait until the next show. They are always a ton of work, but so worth it :). There is nothing like mingling with other stampers. Here are a few pics from the show....

This is Mary Faus, myself and Cathy McCauley. Mary helped at the Heartfelt Creations booth on Saturday and then came back to shop on Sunday. She also volunteered to take some pics for me since my camera batteries died! Can you tell we were having a good time? I can't remember why we were laughing but it was obviously very FUNNY :).


This is part of our display.....look at all those gorgeous creations!! THANK YOU to my amazing DT for sending in projects to help beautify our booth :).


Here I am with Dan and our son Aidan. He came along to help and proved to be a fantastic cashier :).


Just a fun shot of one of our make 'n takes for Sunday.


And another fun shot of part of our booth.

Show prep consumed much of my time in September, but in addition to that I have been having some health issues that have had me visiting different doctors and having various tests and things done. I am not going to go into a lot of details, but I will tell you that they still aren't sure of a diagnosis. I was tested for Lyme Disease, Lupus, and rheumatory issues, but my bloodwork all came back fine. My neurologist says it could be a number of things including MS, but without doing lots of further testing, there is no way to know. I am ok with that and will continue to wait on the Lord for strength and patience. The next step in the process of getting to the bottom of this is to have four MRI's and an EMG....I opted for just two MRI's for now plus the EMG, so once those are completed (hopefully within the next few weeks), I will post another update.

The busyness of life lately has lead Dan and I to the decision to send our boys back to school. Homeschooling was getting to be almost impossible for me. So they recently started attending a Christian school about 35-40 minutes away and I can tell already that things are much less stressful. I am so thankful for that and for the Lord's providence and guidance.

I am hoping once I get into a new routine that I can get back into creating and sharing. Until then, I will post when I can :).

Oh....one more thing.....in case you have been wondering how those little kitties are doing....

They are getting big :).....and they love sleeping....

....pretty much anywhere ;).....


Thank you for visiting!! Buh-bye!

7 comments:

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty holiday card Korin. Love the image and the gorgeous papers. The ribbon is lovely. Glad the show went well... looks like it was an awesome booth! Praying for you so they can find the problem and start treating it!

LeAnne said...

Oh what a beautiful card...I love cardinals AND the paper you've used! And how fun to see Mary & Cathy!!! Three of my favorite stampers all in one place!! And your kitties are adorable!

Tricia said...

Hope you'll find the answer to your health issues, Korin! If all else fails, try a food elimination diet - food allergies can mimic a lot of the symptoms from the things you've been tested for so far... ask me how I know! : ) Praying for you!

Julia Aston said...

Great pics of the show and your family Korin! I bet it was a fun time - hope that your health issues are diagnosed so at least you know what you are dealing with - and I think it was a good decision to have the boys go out to school - you cannot do it all that is for sure (although we always try, don't we!)

Shannon White said...

Gorgeous Holiday card Miss Korin! I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed that an answer will come soon so you can know what you are dealing with.. Sending Hugs and prayers... Looks like you all had a Fantastic time at the show! And the booth looked Fabulous too! How Fun! Thanks so much for posting some pics! And I can't believe how big the kitties have gotten! They are soo Adorable! 8-)

Big hugs
Shannon 8-)

Marianne B in AZ said...

I am sending many positive thoughts and prayers to you! I have been through the diagnosis process just like this and know how scary it can be. In the end, 16 years ago, I was told I have MS. It is not what you want to have, of course, but if it is you diagnosis, don't panic. It is not a death sentence and with all of the medications available now, it is not as bad to have it now as it was 30 years ago. I did panic when I was diagnosed because I really did not know much about it. If you would like to write down my email in case the answer is that you are positive for MS, please feel free to contact me. You are right to leave this in God's hands. It is the best thing you can do for yourself right now!

Your stamp show looks like it was a lot of fun. Too bad it is so much work getting it all ready to go! I hope you were a big hit and had great success with your sales!

Your card is very nice! One down and it is not even Halloween!

God Bless!
Marianne

aznatives at gmail dot com

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Korin, you are so precious, and I am praying for you. I've had health issues myself and have had to give it to the Lord to use it for His purposes and His glory! It sounds like a good idea about the boys' schooling, and I am so blessed to have become a new customer. So glad to be a SNSS gal now! Hugs and prayers for you and your family! :)