Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Easy Peasy Sketch

I am hosting the Splitcoast sketch again today.  I decided to go with a layout I use fairly often.....it's simple and fun and helps to use up those scraps of designer paper you have left over from previous cards.

Here are two cards I made for the sketch....


For this card I used the lovely Hello Luscious papers from Basic Grey.  The image and sentiment are from the Treasured stamp set released in April.  You can't see it in the picture, but I spritzed the image panel with Glimmer Mist to give it a bit of shimmer.  It looks very pretty in real life :). I machine stitched each of the panels and around the card and added some ribbon and pearls to finish it off.


 For this card I used some old Marrakech papers from Basic Grey.  I love using up my old stash :).....it makes me feel better about buying NEW paper ;).  The image and sentiment are from the Thoughtful Rhubarb stamp set.  Isn't he a sweet teddy?   I just love his nose.  For this one I went a step further....I machine stitched the panels and around the card and added ribbon, but I also added a button, thread and a tag sentiment.

That's all for me for now....

Be a blessing to someone today and you, too, will be blessed :).


3 comments:

Anita said...

Stunning cards!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful cards! I love your images and how you've coloured them! Wonderful scraps you've used!

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Such a simple idea ... when you look at the sketch ... but you make these look so professional and tricky! Gorgeous, Korin! Hugs xxx