Saturday, November 17, 2012

Tasty Sketches & A Pain in the Neck

No the two don't go together....I love a good sketch and I will get to that in a moment but first.....the pain in the neck.....literally...

Around 4:30 this morning I woke up with a searing pain in my neck and upper back/right shoulder. I don't know if it was the way I was sleeping or if it had something to do with my computer work yesterday (doing the same mundane thing with the mouse, over and over in the same position), but it HURTS...like the dickens, so much so that I was literally in tears at one point.  I have a sort of hunchback thing going on by the looks of the bulge between my neck and right shoulder and my head mobility is very limited.

After gathering my composure, I popped a couple Aleve and tried to go back to sleep.  I can only lie in one position, flat on my back, completely straight, with a pillow propping up my head a bit...pretty much like a dead person in a coffin which is not how I typically sleep.  I'm a curled up in a ball on my side sort of sleeper.  After a while, thankfully I did manage to get some rest after the Aleve, but when I woke up again, the pain was still quite strong.

I don't know how long this ailment is going to last but I surely covet your prayers.  It's going to effect my ability to complete many day to day chores and possibly even my ability to drive.  I can sit and type (thank you, Lord), but no heavy lifting or quick movements. It really hurts even when I take a deep breath....and that is after the Aleve.  :(  Why does this sort of thing always happen on the weekend?....that's what I'd like to know.  Pffft... ;)

Ah well, this too shall pass.....anyway, onto that tasty sketch....

Today over at The Sweet Stop the girls are featuring tasty treats with the sketch.  I thought I'd play along so I made a tasty gingerbread man card.  

I've been making lots of Christmas cards lately and using a lot of the traditional red and green, so I thought this time I'd go with a softer version, pink and pale green.  I think these two colors work very nicely together.

I used some creative liberty and changed the sketch up just a bit, but it's still recognizable.  Don't you think?

Stamps: Gingerbread Man (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: Holly Jolly (Echo Park)
Ink: copics & memento
Accessories: ribbon, stickles, machine stitching, button, SNSS Scallop Border Dies

11 comments:

buggin2stamp said...

Your card is adorable! Those gingerbread men look way to cute to eat. I love the fun bow with the button. I much prefer non-traditional colors for Christmas cards and the pink and green are perfect for this card. LOVE IT!

You will definitely be in my prayers. I've woken up like that before and it is not fun. And yeah, it usually seems to happen on the weekend for me too. Ugh! Hugs!
Melissa

Sara I. said...

Aww, what an adorable little card! Love the papers and color scheme - those cuties are colored perfectly and the sheer ribbon is the icing on the cake.

Will definitely lift you up in prayer - hoping the pain will subside quickly and you can get back to your old self!

~hugs

Danni said...

Feel better!! Such a sweet card, just darling!

Cathymac said...

What a darling card, Korin...love the soft colors...pink, green, and stitching...all my favorites! Perhaps we can turn your creative license into another sketch! LOL! I'll be praying for you...those pains are a real pain! Prayers and Hugs!

Faye said...

I'm really sorry to hear about your pain Korin and he it soon passes. Your card is completely delish, the gingerbread men are adorable and coloured beautifully. X

Monika/Buzsy said...

Hope your neck is better today and you don't have a lot of pain! It has never happened to me, so I can't even image how much it hurt.
On another note, darling card! Such a sweet and tasty image! Pretty colors too. So glad you played along with us this week.

Unknown said...

Cervical Support are the best solution for cervical pain, Healthgenie is providing ortho supports of various brands such as lp, tynor, paramount at huge discount.

Chrissy D said...

Love this card! The gingerbread men are adorable!

skin rejuvenation said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Breast augmentation surgeon said...

Good work! Your post is an excellent example of why I keep coming back to read your excellent quality content that is forever updated. Thank you!

Unknown said...

Your card is worthy an adorable little card with love the soft color pink, green. you are good working! Your post is an best example of why I keep coming back to read your quality content that is forever updated.
Thank you so much !