Monday, June 17, 2013

June Feature Blog Hop: Flower Blocks 2

Welcome to Day 3 of our June Release Features!





This is the second set in our Flower Blocks series.  These bold and beautiful blooms make the perfect focal image and can be easily paper-pieced or colored.
  • Stamp set includes 4 images and 4 sentiments
  • Set measures approximately 6" x 8"
  • The images measure approximately 2 5/8" x 2 5/8"
  • Designed by Korin Sutherland
  • Stamp set is $26
 I have two card to share again today...

This first one was actually inspired by a card made by a fellow teammate.  Her card was so striking I just had to try something like it. :)  My flower petals and center were paper pieced with a pink cross-hatched DP scrap I had lying on my table.  I also added some shading to the petals and colored the center over the pink with Copics. The blue background was sponged and the stem was also colored in over the blue with Copics.  I added some white highlights with a poster paint pen to bring in some of the white from the card base and a touch of sparkle to the center with Stickles.  The butterflies (a sneak peek of NEXT month's release!!!) were stamped on the DP which was also sponged around the edges before I adhered it to the black matte.  The pretty frame was cut with a Spellbinder die, but I can't recall now which one.



For my second card, I stamped the image and colored it with Copics, then stamped a second image colored it and cut out just the part of the flower in the foreground and layered it with foam tape to give the flower dimension (which is hard to see in this pic).  I added Flower Soft to the center.  I topped it off with some scallop borders, stitching, twine and a button.

Check out some of the fabulous samples made by our talented DT in the thumbnails below.

Be sure to leave a comment of each of the blogs along your journey because we're giving away this fabulous stamp set to one lucky commenter!  

The deadline to comment for a chance to win is midnight EST Friday, June 21st.  The list of winners will be announced on our website homepage by Monday, June 24th.

Thanks so much for joining us!  Enjoy the hop!

36 comments:

Sue D said...

Wow--very pretty--these large flowers make such a pretty focal point for cards.

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful cards Korin. Especially love the first one with the flower paired with the butterflies. The touch of black looks great. Another fabulous set!

Unknown said...

Very elegant card! Love the butterflies!

Nanasniftynitch said...

I love the black and pink together, very nice and love the touch of flower soft in the red, Stunning cards.

Mary said...

I love them both. The first one I love the butterflies in the background. The colors you choose are beautiful as well. The second card I love the papers you choose. Very beautiful.

BeckyTE said...

A beautiful new set, Korin. And a wonderful card.

Pam~ said...

Two gorgeous cards! I adore them both but have to give an extra kudo to your first card. There is something about black and pink that is so elegant and classy looking. The butterflies added the perfect finish!

Natalie said...

Gorgeous cards! Wow!

slbt17 said...

what beautiful cards! love your details.
Sandra ltb

Message Keeper said...

Those flowers really made the focal point of the cards! Love the flowers boldness!

Heather said...

Wow! Your cards are beautiful! I didn't think I was really interested in this set, but after seeing just these two cards, I think i was wrong. : ) Can't wait to see the projects from the rest of the team!

Donna Whitten said...

I love this stamp set and your card is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Your cards are gorgeous, love the coloring beautiful. Mary L Schreiber

merrymstamper said...

Very pretty!! love the striking black frame on the first card.

Mary-Anne V said...

Very pretty ...I love these jumbo blooms.

Jean Bullock said...

Beautiful job! I love the frames you created for the images and your coloring is, of course, marvelous!

Donna Jones said...

Lovely designs Korin, loving the white highlights on the first card and touch of flower soft in the centre of the 3d flower on the second :-)

Pam said...

Gorgeous cards! This set is so beautiful.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Beautiful cards. love the pink and black. TFS

Scrappin' Diva said...

Gorgeous cards! Love, love the first one!

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Loly Borda said...

Both are gorgeous! Love your coloring. TFS

Unknown said...

Both cards are so pretty! Love the inspiration

Mary K said...

Korin, these cards are just divine. Really like the paper piecing!

Pam D said...

So pretty, beautifully done, TFS!

Ceal said...

Beautiful card as always!

Cheryl D from NY said...

Looking forward to owning these as I love the first set so much.

Carolyn Kropp said...

What a great set and beautiful samples.

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

so love this stamp set.. both cards pop with color!

Shanta said...

I love both cards! So much added detail!

Belle said...

Lovely Cards!

Unknown said...

These cards are absolutely stunning!

Riette said...

What an awesome set!
xxxx
Riette

Kris B said...

Lovely cards! Love the big bold images! TFS God bless!

Janis said...

Love the background stamping on the sympathy card. Great technique on the flower of the second card.

Beverly S. said...

Beautiful cards.....especially like the sympathy one with the background stamping. Thanks for sharing.