Monday, July 16, 2012

A Different Kind of Hop



Good morning, friends (new & old)!

My blog is typically dedicated to my stamping passion, but today I am going to be sharing something a little bit different.  I hope you will join the fun and be encouraged!

A few months back I stumbled on a blog called MOB Society....MOB stands for Mothers of Boys.  Being a mother to three boys, this blog intrigued me, so I read on and I have been reading on ever since :).  This blog is full of encouragement for us MOBs, plus it's packed with plenty of fun stories, giggles and resources, too.  If you have a son or more than one son, I invite you to check it out.  You won't be sorry!

The MOB Society Blog is holding it's annual Boy Mom Blog Hop and it starts today!  I thought it would be fun to participate to not only help spread the word about this fabulous blog, but also to tell YOU a bit about MY amazing boys :).  The pictures are not all current (which you can tell by my varying hairstyles), but they are some of my favorites, so I wanted to share them with you....and maybe brag on them, just a little ;)...

I'll start with my oldest.....


This is Aston.  He's 14 and he is a leader.  He has a fabulous sense of humor and LOVES to make people laugh.  He is often found in the center of the action (which is often his youth group laughing their heads off or goofing around).  Aston has a knack for working with his hands and although he isn't a big fan of school or reading because he prefers doing something more active, he is VERY smart.  He has grown a great deal this past year, physically but also spiritually and I am looking forward to seeing what God has in store for him.  I am so proud to be his mother.


This is Aidan.  He's 12 and he is a tenderhearted encourager.  He loves learning and always strives to do his best.  He loves cooking and computers and, like his brother, has a great sense of humor.  When we are together I often find myself giggling at the funny things he says.  He's not the rowdy kind of boy, but he does enjoy swimming and wants to start playing soccer this fall at his small Christian school.  This past year his teacher nominated him for the Jr. National Young Leaders Conference in Washington, D.C. He also earned the citizenship award, which was another exciting achievement. I am so proud to be his mother.


This is Evan.  He's 9 and he is a fireball of energy!  He doesn't like to sit still for very long and he always keeps us on our toes.  He loves telling others about Jesus and wants to be a missionary when he grows up.  He also has a fabulous sense of humor and says some of the funniest things I have ever heard come out of a young child.  He loves making new friends and is very good at it.  He just learned how to swim, which he is quite excited about and he can't wait for school to start again so he can see his friends ;).  I am so proud to be his mother.

Well, there you have it---my boys, my joys.

If you want to learn more about ME, feel free to look around my blog and check out my About Me tab.

Thanks for visiting with me today.  I hope you enjoyed this little detour and I will see you again soon!

Remember to be a blessing to someone today and you in turn will be blessed.







11 comments:

Jennie said...

What precious boys you have Korin!! I have a calm one and a fireball myself so totally relate. I discovered the MOB blog not too long ago via your FB post and was greatly encouraged. These boys the Lord has blessed us with have a special role God designed for them....we just need to channel/direct them towards that end. Blessings to you my friend...

Andrea L - EnchantINK said...

Hi Korin! I have been a stalker for a long long time! I just had to stop and say hi today ... Because this is the nicest post I have read in months! I can sense the tremendous love you have for your boys. They all have unique personalities and gifts and I am sure that God has amazing things in store for them all. I am convinced there is no greater task than raising our kids in God's ways and your post has truly encouraged me today! I am the mother of 2 boys ... And 3 girls! The eldest is 26 & the youngest is 14. Thanks for this insight into your precious family! Hugs Andrea xxx

Sara H said...

Loved reading about your kids. My almost 9yo also wants to be a missionary. He's planning on going to Bhutan. Does your son "know" where he wants to go?

Malea said...

Nice to meet you. My son, JP, is 13, and I think in addition to his age being between your oldest two, I think his personality is as well. He shares many of the qualities of both of your older two boys.

Here from the MOB blog hop.

Mom vs. the boys said...

I'm a mama to three boys as well, so nice to meet yours! My oldest wears glasses so we are always on the look out for other cool dudes wearing glasses too like your middle son!

Rosilind Jukic said...

What wonderful boys you have. I was particularly touched by your 9 year old who wants to be a missionary. I am hopping over from the MOB blog hop. Blessings from Croatia: A Little R & R: www.littlerandr.org

Unknown said...

It is so obvious and heartwarming you love your boys to bits! :) Awesome!

Unknown said...

I just have one little boy, 17 months. I keep reading these blogs with 3 and even 5 boys! I just can't imagine! We will see what the Lord has in store. Love the pics of you with your boys! I need to be more intentional about getting those!

Mary Beth

Sarah said...

So great to meet you! Love the pics of your boys and reading about their different personalities. So much fun to see how each kid is created so very uniquely, yet intricately similar in various ways as well. I have 3, so I have 3 distinctly different kiddos, though 1 and 3 so far seem to be mirrors of each other. Quite amazing!

Kacey said...

Hi, stopping by from the blog hop. I enjoyed reading the descriptions of your boys. You seem to know their hearts well and love them a lot. I just have to say that your crafty space has me drooling. So many cool art supplies.

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Your post is similar to how I wrote mine...love getting to know about your boys! I have three sons as well.