Monday, March 11, 2013

Nature Silhouettes 2 with Bird Dies

Welcome to Day #3 of your March Release Features!  

Today's featured set is
Nature Silhouettes 2

And check out the matching bird dies!

This fantastic duo is a must-have.  Imagine the gorgeous cards you'll make!  The possibilities are endless AND this stamp set also coordinates so well with our other silhouette sets!
  • Set includes 13 images
  • Set measures approximately 4"x6"
  • Queen Anne's Lace image measures approximately 2" x 2 1/2"
  • Designed by Korin Sutherland
  • Stamp set is priced at $16
  • Die set is priced at $9.75

I love this set of stamps and dies.  It coordinates so well with our other nature silhouette sets.  I have made some many cards with these already.  Silhouettes are wonderful for CAS cards and the masking & sponging technique which I've done here.  

I use post-it notes to mask off the area I want to remain white and then and I sponged ink in a circular motion in the area between the post-it notes.  I them remove the masks and stamp the sentiment and flowers in Versafine Onyx Black. For the bird, I die cut the shape first and then stamp the image in Versafine Onyx Black.

Check out more fabulous samples made by our talented DT in the thumbnails below.

Be sure to leave a comment on each of the blogs along your journey because we're giving away this fantastic stamp set AND die set to one lucky commenter!  

The deadline to comment for a chance to win is midnight EST Wednesday, March 13th.  The list of winners will be announced on our website homepage on Thursday, March 14th.

Thanks so much for joining us!  Enjoy the hop!

36 comments:

Sue D said...

Beautiful card! I like your sponging and the silhouette stamping.

Anonymous said...

Oh wow..this set is gorgeous...I would loooove to win it..hugs from angie in kingston, ontario , canada.

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous sponging, Korin! Love this CAS design! You are becoming the queen of clean! LOL! This card is beautiful!

Sherry said...

beautiful!! love the simple design and colors! I think you have a winner here!!

Birgit said...

Your card is just beautiful and I love that sentiment.

Jonia said...

Korin this is just fabulous. Now I am loving this stamp set and dies and all the fun cards I am seeing. What great inspiration you are sharing with all of us.

Stampin_melissa said...

Korin, I always love your work and this is no exception, gorgeous!

Cynthia said...

Lovely CAS design, Korin.

muscrat said...

I think silhouettes are one of my favorite kinds of stamps! I love the background colors too.

Sabrina said...

What a gorgeous CAS card!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, love how you blended the colors. Love the set and the dies. Mary L Schreiber

garden gal said...

Beautiful card! Really like the verse you chose.

Jayne said...

Love the silhouettes against the band of color. So pretty.

Anonymous said...

Love the sponging and the image the color and the white space. Already have NS 1 and love it. This new set is no exception. Would love to own. Thanks

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

wonderful strip of color!

Just Me said...

Beautiful CAS card.

Unknown said...

Love the color technique and the use of the bird.

Crafty Math Chick said...

This is SUCh a beautiful set Korin, and I LOVE that you created coordinated DIES for it as well - hearing the birdies chirp and sing and watching them dance around my feeders lightens my light and I love sets that remind me of this. I look forward to adding this magnificent set to my Nature Silhouettes collection someday and try your sponged layer technique, so pretty (and postage friendly too!)
<3
Meredith

Mary K said...

Korin, your cards are always lovely and always so close to nature's reality. Beautiful!

momandmec said...

Love how you did this card ...simple yet STRIKING!!!

Unknown said...

Really love the sponging! It's a beautiful card and one I could easily do.

itzamitzi said...

I love this tq of creating a band on the card. Your silhouette stamps work perfectly for this.

Becky Dunham said...

Stunning card Korin! I must admit I have not used many silhouette stamps, but this set is definitely going on my wish list, along with the dies! I love the techniques you used on this card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Kris B said...

Beautiful card!! Love the sponged background and the silhouettes are gorgeous!! TFS God bless!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a pretty card Korin. Love the sponged strip with the black images. Another gorgeous stamp set. Loving the coordinating dies!

Zella said...

Korin, you truly are an artist!

Linda Carson said...

Love the look of the CAS sponge style! Beautifully done!

craftymom205 said...

Love the card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Catherine Kraft said...

Beautiful card. Love the sponging done on one layer...then the added dimensioned bird really adds to it. Colors are so pretty. Blessings~

Loly Borda said...

So beautiful! Love your colors and the silouetes stand out.

Debbie Adams said...

Your card is so beautiful. I can tell this is gonna be a favorite. I already like this stamp and die set. I must have it. :D

Pati said...

Very pretty card! Love your colorful sponging within a small masked off area and your CAS design. Inspiring and lovely stamp set!

Die Cut Lady said...

So Pretty.These are some great stamps and die's . I will need to look them up!

Jo4Him said...

Lovely card-great colors. Thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

Love your card - everything about it! This set is wonderful - I'm enjoying every bit of inspiration I'm seeing

Lori said...

Korin your card is stunning!! Love your work!!