Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My Portion Forever

My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever.
Psalm 73:26

How do unbelievers cope with trials and heartache? I often wonder this when I am going through trials and heartache myself, do you? They cannot experience the peace experience as believers. They feel hopeless and helpless. When I think about my life before I was saved from my sin, I just praise the Lord for how far he has brought me. As a teen, I went through some really rough patches. I believed in God, but I was angry at Him for allowing my parents to split up. I was very unhappy and took many dangerous and destructive paths trying to "find myself". I turned my back on God. I looked to many things to fill the void, but nothing can fill the void of a Christ-less life....NOTHING.

Praise God, He was merciful to me, a sinner. He loved me despite my bitterness and rebellion and he allowed people to influence me over a long period of time who would sew the seeds which would bring be back to Christ. He also allowed me to fail over and over again, in order to show me how much I truly need Him.

As time passed and I grew into adulthood, God continued to use people to influence me for His glory. I still stand in amazement when I think of all that He has done, all the people He has brought into my life and in turn all the opportunities He has given me to influence others for His glory.

I don't know where you are in life today. Maybe you are where I was, years ago....lost, searching for something to fill the void. Maybe you are in limbo, trying to live for Christ, but allowing Satan to get the best of you, to steal your joy and to ruin your testimony. Can I encourage, dear one, to seek the forgiveness of your Heavenly Father, who loves you SO MUCH and wants you to feel His peace and joy? Get on your knees and pour your heart out to Him. He wants so badly to hear from you.

Perhaps you are comfortable with where you are in your Christian walk. Things are going just fine. You attend church regularly, you pray daily, you share the gospel with those around you.....but may I be so bold to tell you that you should never be comfortable with where you are as a Christian! There is always room for improvement, more we can do, more we can learn, more we can give and share with others. Won't you join me in asking God to show us those areas in which we can improve for HIS glory?

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for saving me from my sinful and helpless state. Help me to always be seeking ways to improve, to bring glory to your name. Give me the strength to endure the trials you allow me to go through. I know that they are for my good and Your glory. May my life be an example to others. May they long for the peace I have in you and may they come to know you as Savior and Lord. In Jesus precious name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Elaine M said...

Such an encouraging blog today! Just because we may get angry and turn our backs on God, it's wonderful to know that He never turns His back on us - He is always waiting with open heart and arms to welcome us home.
Have a glorious day!