Sunday, February 7, 2010

Scripture Sunday

Ye ask, and receive not, because ye ask amiss, that ye may consume it upon your lusts.
James 4:3

Do you ever ask God for something that you want really badly, to find His answer is no. Have you ever stopped and thought about what you are asking for? Perhaps the reason you didn't get it was because what you asked for was a selfish desire. God knows what is best for us, so when we come to Him with our requests we should always ask that His will be done.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for the privilege I have to come to you with my requests. Help me to ask for things in your will, not mine. Give me the wisdom to know when you are leading and to make the right decisions. In Jesus name, AMEN.

2 comments:

Elaine M said...

Sometimes when we receive a "no", we become like 2 yr olds - kicking and screaming about it not being fair and throwing a fit. God probably just smiles and gives us time to adjust to His wisdom. And when we finally understand there was something better for us, we sheeishly bow our heads and thank God for not giving us a "yes".
Thx for the reminder today - hugs.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad that I can trust God, even when the answer is no. He sees the whole picture from start to finish. I have "tunnel" vision! God is so good!