Friday, February 12, 2010

Rejoice in the Lord Always


Well, here I am again...days behind in my posts. It's been one of those weeks again....we have a tough homeschooling situation to deal with, a huge snow storm hit and dumped 2 more feet of snow on us, my back is very sore from all the shoveling, I caught a yucky head cold and I got very little sleep last night....so with that said, I really need to focus on rejoicing :)!

Yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will joy in the God of my salvation.
Habakkuk 3:18


God's Word tell us time and time again to rejoice, so today I am determined, whether I feel like it or not, to REJOICE in the God of my salvation!

There are SO many verses I could share on the subject of rejoicing, but here are just a few that spoke to me today.

Glory ye in his holy name:
let the heart of them
rejoice that seek the LORD.
1 Chronicles 16:10

But let all those that put their trust in thee
rejoice:
let them ever shout for joy, because thou defendest them:
let them also that love thy name be joyful in thee.
Psalm 5:11

But I have trusted in thy mercy;
my heart shall
rejoice in thy salvation.
Psalm 13:5


Fear not, O land; be glad and rejoice:
for the LORD will do great things.

Joel 2:21

Did you notice a theme in the verses above? When we seek and trust the Lord, we can and should rejoice in Him :)!

As short as this verse is, it is says so much....

Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.
Philippians 4:4


We are to rejoice ALWAYS, not just some of the time, not just when things are going our way, but ALWAYS. So today, although things have not been going my way, I am going to rejoice in the Lord for He is in control and he never gives me more than I can handle when I seek and trust in Him!

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for a brand new day with which you give me yet another chance to make it count. Thank you for your Word, for speaking to me through it, for encouraging me. Help me, Father, to rejoice TODAY, even though at times I may not feel like it. Help me to be obedient that those around me might see a difference in the way I handle trials. May they see YOU and may they be encouraged as well. Thank you for loving me. I know that you will help me through my trials and I look forward to seeing you work them out for YOUR glory! In Jesus precious name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Elaine M said...

Sometimes all the things we have to handle in life just push even the thought to rejoice out of our mind - we get too involved with things. I think you hit the nail on the head in your prayer when you said "that those around me might see a difference in the way I handle trials. May they see YOU and may they be encouraged as well"

How we handle the situations we are faced with is what others see - may they always see Jesus in us.

Thank goodness God loves us so much that He'll continue to redirect us to Him when we slip.

Hang in there Korin - the snow has gotta melt some day. Love and Hugs