Sunday, February 14, 2010

Scripture Sunday


Happy Valentine's Day, dear ones!

I thought it only appropriate to share this verse on the subject of love today....

A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. John 13:34

It sure can be hard to love others sometimes, can't it? But it is commanded of us to love one another. God loved us so much that He sent His son to die for our sins. We certainly owe our love to Him. What better way to show how much we love Him than to OBEY His commands! If He loves the people of this world, shouldn't we as His children?

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for your unfailing love, for the salvation your love has brought me and for the command to show your love to others. Help me to radiate your love, that others might see not just how much I love them, but how much YOU love them. Give me a heart of compassion, like Jesus, to see the needs of others that I might put them first and may you receive all the glory. In Jesus name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Elaine M said...

May we always remember He loves us with an everlasting love - and may we be quick to share that love with others.
Happy Valentines Day dear friend.