Saturday, October 23, 2010

Traditional Christmas-Sweet Stop Sketch


I just LOVE traditional Christmas colors. I don't know what it is about them, but I just think they are so beautiful together and they were perfect for my card for today's Sweet Stop sketch. This candle image (Christmas Candle), illustrated by Leah Cornelius, is one of my favorite Christmas images. Is has a timeless classic elegance type of feel to it and lends perfectly to the traditional Christmas colors. I paired it up with some gorgeous Die Cuts With a View papers and viola!

On a different note, Denise Marzec, aka peanutbee, came over this afternoon for a stamping play date and what a great time we had :). We talked mostly, she colored some images and I made a card, but it was a nice time and I look forward to doing it again :).

Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

Chrisd said...

So glad to hear you took some time just for yourself. We all need to do that now and then.Hugs from Michigan.

Nancy said...

Beautiful card Korin.
I was actually going to use this image myself and changed my mind!
I LOVE how you did the ribbon.

Stampvanwinkle said...

Oh Korin, this is just beautiful!! I love the ribbon and your coloring is wonderful.

Leah said...

Love this, the colors are so pretty and I love the ribbon treatment.

Denise Marzec said...

Uh huh!...I got to see this beautiful card IRL and it's stunning! You did a beautiful job with it.

Thanks again for having me over yesterday....next time, my place. :)

Barb said...

Korin - this is simply a BEAUTIFUL card! Glad I played along with this neat sketch this week!

Janice M said...

Beautiful card Korin! Love the way you ruffled the ribbon.

Glad you had a fun afternoon! It's nice to stamp with frineds.

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Korin! Those papers are gorgeous! :)