Monday, July 11, 2011

Pretty in Pink


I am having a blast with these new Rhubarb digis :)....he is such a sweetie! For this card I used the Rhubarb the Teddy Bear digi. We are having a contest on our Facebook Page using this image. Play along with us for a chance to win $15 to spend at Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps :)!!

I decided to color Rhubarb pink and make a super girlie card time time. Yes, technically he is a boy, BUT I kept him neutral so you can make him a girl, too :). I drew the heart on his tummy and then punched out a smaller heart and added some glitter for more dimension. Don't you think he looks like a Care Bear now? How fun :)! I used to LOVE Care Bears when I was a little girl. I even won one for a writing contest in elementary school. It was a favorite toy of mine for a long time.

The sentiment is from our new Love is Like a Tree stamp set and the papers are just scraps I found in my scrap bin :). Using your left over scraps is a great way to make a fast card, don't you agree?

On a completely different subject, if you have a minute, I would greatly appreciate your prayers.....it has been a tough past few weeks.....with Dan's accident, traveling, a sick son, and then a few more unfortunate events that have popped up....needless to say, I am feeling a bit "heavy-laden". I know the Lord has everything is His hands and I am truly grateful for that fact, but I am also human, I grow weary....please pray that I stay strengthened by God's promises. I know this too shall pass, but it's hard to stay upbeat sometimes, ya know?

Thanks so much for visiting me today! May your day be filled with blessings!

3 comments:

Cindy B Designs | Cindy Coutts said...

CUTE! Excellent coloring too. Rhubarb is proving to be quite the hit!

Anonymous said...

Cute card and great coloring! Thanks for sharing, Korin! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Take Care!
Big Hugs, Becky Jo

Tricia said...

How sweet! I missed the freebie since I'm not on fb. Hope you get a lot of entries! And I'll be praying for you!!!