Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Waddle I Do??

I don't know about you but our weekend flew by and I am still trying to figure out how it's Tuesday already!

We planned to have a "do nothing" Saturday because things have been so busy lately, but I should have known better as that never actually happens ;). Dan had to work late Friday night, much to his dismay, but God had something up his sleeve.....

We live out in the country for the most part. It is not uncommon around here to see items at the end of driveways with for sale signs or even free signs when people are looking to clear out unwanted items that are just to big to do anything with. A lot of times, it's furniture, big outside toys, things like that. Well, on the way home from work Friday night, Dan passed a house not far from ours where someone had set out a pretty large carpet remnant at the end of their driveway but no sign. Since we have had carpet on our "to-get" list for a while, to finish up our older boys' bedrooms, he thought he'd stop to check it out. The man told him that he had just put it out a few minutes prior and that it was a remnant from a job he had job a while back. It had been sitting in his garage for a while and he finally decided to put it out. The carpet was in great condition and the perfect size for one of the bedrooms we need to carpet, so Dan asked the man what he wanted for it. He told him to just take it, that he didn't want anything for it. What a blessing!!! If Dan had not worked late, it is quite probable he would have missed out on the carpet because he would not have driven by there again until Monday morning.

Of course it also meant so much for our "do nothing" Saturday, because we had no where to store the carpet, but it was a very productive day and it cost us only our time. God is so good!

Now that I have shared a special blessing we experienced, how about a card :)?


For my card I used one of last year's winter sets called Waddle I Do? Stanley is one sweet penguin and he's ready for a chilly winter ;)!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Chrissy D said...

ADORABLE, Korin! Love the clean lines and your border!

kc_froglady said...

God is good! What a blessing for you all.

fun card too I love the look at his face!

Stampvanwinkle said...

Such a cute card Korin. Love this little guy.

So happy for your great find. I love when God does things like this. He is so good! A simple blessing but so needed. Have a great day.