Thursday, September 8, 2011

Christmas Sweet Peeks #1

It's time for another round of Sweet Peeks....this time we're celebrating Christmas in September. Our first peek is of our September Stamp of the Month, Beary Christmas. This guy was super popular as a digi last year so we thought it would be fun to bring him to our clear stamp line as our Free w/ $50 Stamp of the Month :).


Paulie Polar Bear is decked out for Christmas, but he's feeling a tad self conscious ;)....do YOU think the wreath makes his butt look big? ;)


For my card I used the fun new Blitzen 6x6 pad by Bo Bunny. Love these fun papers :)! I used a Nestie die for the main image panel and popped Paulie up with foam tape. Then I added some pearl flourishes and glittery snow....overall a pretty easy card.

Be sure to check out the other Beary Christmas creations some of the DT are sharing today. You're going to love them!

And on a slightly (ok, make that VERY) different ans solemn note....

Please pray for my home town of Pine Grove, PA. The rain has been coming down for days and the whole town is flooded. The National Guard is assisting with evacuations, but the damage is horrific....and the rain isn't over yet. Here are some pics taken from some of the residents...









As you can see, this little town is in BIG trouble. Please pray!! Thank you!

Tomorrow I'll be sharing another Sweet Peek....so see ya then!

9 comments:

Cathymac said...

Your card is adorable, Korin! The question on the front is answered inside...so funny!
Not so funny are those devastating pictures of your home town! I will certainly be praying for the residents of Pine Grove and your family!

Betty Townsend said...

Korin,
Very sweet card. Love it!! These pictures are horrific...I just read on MSNBC's front page that 65,000 people had to be evacuated...that is unbelievable...Hope Casey, your mom and other family are safe! Still praying!!

Hugs,
Betty

Jennipher said...

Fun card Korin. Those photos make me want to cry. I'll be praying for everyone. My heart goes out to your town.

Danni said...

Fabulous card, love the papers/colors with the fun bear.
Thinking of all affected with the floods. Hugs!

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful card korin-love the sweet bear image-horrible situation in pine grove korin -I am praying

Monika/Buzsy said...

Such a sweet holiday card Lorin. Love the cute polar bear. The papers are gorgeous and I love the bling! :o)
Praying for your family and friends!

Carol L said...

I remember the first time I met you - you were using this digi and making cards :) It's still as cute now as it was then!
My heart goes out to the folks who live in that devastated town. I just can't imagine what they're going through. I hope your family is all safe?

SugarGem said...

Where do I find your products? I am new to your blog. Thank you lovesuargem@gmail.com http://sugargemscrafts.blogspot.com

Julia Aston said...

I just love the pastel colors on the pretty papers you used with this fun polar bear Korin! Your pics are just unbelievable - what severe weather we seem to be having all over the US - my BIL is in Killington VT and they had similar flooding destruction over many towns with hurricane Irene - 2 weeks later many are still without power and roads are still washed out -