Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sketch Day!!

It's Saturday which means a new Sweet Stop sketch....you may not be aware of this but I stepped down from the Sugar Baby team a while back to ease up on some of my responsibilities....I can say, I sure do miss playing along with the sketches.

These past few weeks have been insanely busy with home stuff, business stuff and everything in between so my *stamping for fun time* as been majorly limited. Last night I had some free time so I decided to use it to make a card for today's sketch. It felt great to stamp just because :).


This week is the Sketch with a Spin and you know what that means.....there is a sweet prize up for grabs!! Head over to The Sweet Stop to check it out.

This week's spin is "Starstruck". You can interpret that any way you wish, but the most obvious way is to use stars somewhere on your card. I found these awesome metal stars at Michaels a year or two ago and have kept them in my "Christmas embellies" stash for such times as this.

My wonderful man in brown dropped off a box full of yummy new Echo Park Christmas papers yesterday, so you KNOW I just had to break some out for my card :). The paper I used is from their new Season's Greetings 6x6 pad. I think it's my favorite line of the 3 holiday lines they released this year.

I also used Dina Kowal's gorgeous new Christmas Light stamp set and die. I am telling you, dies for stamped images are the best thing since sliced bread :)!

Today I leave you with another funny kitteh pic....

Meet Tank....a basement cat in the making....hehe....


In case you are "unawarez"....basement cat (typically a black cat) is the arch nemesis of ceiling cat (often a white or light colored cat) in a fun online battle of the kittehs known as lolcat. Lydia knows exactly what I am referring to....and I have to say it's a pretty funny thing....you can find more amusing basement cat pics HERE.

Until next next time....

8 comments:

Sandy said...

Oh..SOOO..beautiful! That stamp and die are just so elegant. I ordered mine and can't wait to get them. Your pretty colors of paper, bow and stars all make this card a WOW factor! Just BEAUTIFUL!

Lydia Fiedler said...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OH MY GOODNESS HE IS THE ULTIMATE BASEMENT CAT!!!

Oh this totally makes my day!!!!

xoxoxox

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely holiday card Korin. The die-cut image is just fabulous! Pretty papers... and those gold stars are perfect! Glad you had some stamping for fun time! Hope you get to have more of those soon. :o)

Taylor said...

Ooooh how I love this card - but the kitteh is the bestest!!! LUV!!!

Sara I. said...

The card is just stunning! Fabulous stars and love how the candle flame pokes out!!

Shannon White said...

Miss Korin, this is soo Bearutiful! Love the image and your fabulous coloring! Those dp's are awesome,I know I will have to pick up both the stamp and die set and some of these dp's too! Just a Super Christmas card! 8-) Your Sweet Kitteh is sooo CUTE!! 8-)

Hugs
Shannon

America said...

Hi Korin! Gorgeous details and colors of this lovely Christmas Card!!

Korin, you've inspired me with your devotions. THANK YOU!!

Also, I couldnt wait to tell youthat I joyfully stumbled across a basket-full of your stamp sets yesterday at a local Church's Thrift Shop!! Yeap, it was filled with all kinds of stamp sets, but when seeing SNS sets, was even more exciting!!! Apparently, a paper crafter had come in and given their entire crafting stash to this TS place months earlier. I was just lucky to have gotten most what was left. AND....of course I bought those Sweet 'n Sassy Stamp sets..(Isnt that FUN to hear?? :)

canadian_liner said...

Korin,
Sorry, not so much a comment as a request/question. I have a very ratty, dog-eared (not basement kitty!) copy of a 10-from-1 template for cards which a friend shared several years ago. Do you still by chance have the templates/cutting guides handy or saved on your computer? and if so, would you be willing to share them again? Thanks for any reply, Caroline