Sorry I haven't posted anything in a few days....I opened up my blog so many times to type something up but just couldn't stay focused...distractions, distractions ;).
I want to share a card with you today featuring my dear friend, Janette Olen's new stamp set, Snowflake Silhouettes. She has never illustrated for us before, but a few weeks back she brought me some sketches of snowflakes she had done and as soon as I saw them, I knew they would be a hit :).....
I want to share a card with you today featuring my dear friend, Janette Olen's new stamp set, Snowflake Silhouettes. She has never illustrated for us before, but a few weeks back she brought me some sketches of snowflakes she had done and as soon as I saw them, I knew they would be a hit :).....

For this card, I used the emboss resist technique. I stamped the snowflake on white cardstock with Versamark ink, added clear embossing powder and embossed. I then sponged color around the snowflake (Crystal Blue & Moonstruck-CTMH). I randomly dotted Stickles on the sponged area to give the look of distant snowflakes. The light blue cardstock was dry embossed with a Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and the top portion of the dark blue cardstock was dry embossed with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder. Both were then sanding to reveal the white core and I added some Stickles on the snowflakes of the light blue piece.
Congrats, Janette, on your very first stamp set :)!! It's gorgeous!
I hope you enjoy this creation as much as I enjoyed creating it :).
On another note, my little guy is sick today :(....poor little guy has a fever and threw up this morning so we are just having a lazy day today. He's watching old Popeye cartoons on the couch with his fuzzy blanket :). Please keep him in your prayers if you think of him.
Have a blessed day!
Congrats, Janette, on your very first stamp set :)!! It's gorgeous!
I hope you enjoy this creation as much as I enjoyed creating it :).
On another note, my little guy is sick today :(....poor little guy has a fever and threw up this morning so we are just having a lazy day today. He's watching old Popeye cartoons on the couch with his fuzzy blanket :). Please keep him in your prayers if you think of him.
Have a blessed day!
6 comments:
This is just gorgeous, Korin!! Wow! I hope your little guy feels better soon. It's hard on Mom to have them sick!
Hi Korin, this is stunning - love the vibrant blues. Hope you little one feels better soon! Luv Trish x
Korin, this is just gorgeous. I love this technique and it works perfect with this set. Just beautiful!
this is so pretty, love this technique with the snowflake! oh and you brought a tear to my eye :)
Gorgeous!! I was just thinking about using the resist technique with this fab set:) Poor guy...my guy wasn't feeling good today either...'tis the season I guess. Hugs....
I LOVE this card. Can you give measurements of each piece? Also, I understand the majority of the techniques, but how did you treat the remaining 3rd piece of cardstock? (The one underneath the large snowflake) and what are the pearls?
Thanks again!
Robin
Post a Comment