Thursday, August 25, 2011

Away in a Manger

Are you ready for Christmas yet? I'm not....but I do like getting a head start on my cards ;).


Every once in a while we release a new stamp set without making a big fuss about it....just a random "surprise" to keep things fun. That was the case for this new set called Away in a Manger which was just added to the store yesterday. I love the detail of the image in this set. It was illustrated by Rachel Zimmerman. She is a local Mennonite woman and her work has such a wholesome feel to it :). As she might say, a "plain people" style.

In honor of this "secret" release I thought it would be fun to make a card with the set so I went to SCS to see what today's challenge was and decided to play along. The challenge is to use something "recycled" on your card. I had to think about that one a bit but then it came to me.....When I am making display boards for our shows I can only use card fronts, so I often cut the backs off of whole cards I want to display. I always save the card backs for future cards like this one. The brown cardstock I used for layering is from a card back.

I didn't want to take from the beautiful image, so I kept this card very simple. I hope you like it. I think it's message is quite clear :).

Thanks for stopping by today! If you are in the path of Hurricane Irene, you are in my prayers!! May God keep you safe from harm's way!

7 comments:

Sara I. said...

Love the image and the fabulous scripture at the bottom. Very classy and wonderful!

Sandy said...

This is beautiful and I too love how you put the Scripture below the image. The kraft cardstock gives a warmth to the card.

Chrisd said...

What a wonderful image and a lovely card.It's just perfect for those special Christmas cards to loved ones.

Shelby Goolsby said...

This is such a sweet image and what a beautiful card!!

Cathymac said...

LOVE this Christmas card and the sweet image...beautiful, Korin!

Romayne said...

Dear gosh - that's a STAMP? I thought it was a photograph!! Your colouring is just awesome Korin and your cards utterly inspirational. :))
Blessings :)

Barbara Gault said...

Lovely card Korin! Need to get started on mine also.