Monday, September 12, 2011

Christmas Sweet Peek #5-Cardinal

It's time for another sweet peek and this time we have a non-cutesy image for you :).

This is my 4 bird in a series I have been working on. I love cardinals...they are such beautiful birds. They also happen to be my high school mascot.... we were the Pine Grove Area Cardnials :).


For my card I used the Father Christmas paper by Bo Bunny. I am not a huge Santa person, but most of the paper in this pad is very pretty as you can see :).

On a different note, the boys and I are heading to Pine Grove this morning to see where we can lend a hand (8 hands to be exact). Please continue to pray for the flood victims. It's going to be a LONG road to recovery.

And one more thing....

I feel so burdened to help out my home town in any way that I can, so I have designed this stamp set in honor of Pine Grove. I drew the "pine grove" image in honor of the town's name and I came up with the sentiments as I pondered what I might say to the flood victims....many of whom are my friends and family. All proceeds from the sale of this set will be donated to the Pine Grove Disaster Relief Fund & the Operation Hugs & Kisses Organization to help the many, many flood victims of Pine Grove.

PLEASE NOTE: This is a PREORDER and stamps will begin shipping late September.

Comforting Pines


Until tomorrow....make it a great day!

6 comments:

Kim said...

Beautiful card!! Love the addition of the gold-edged ribbon and other gold embellies. Hope things go well at Pine Groves...continuing to pray for that community. XXOO

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful card korin-love cardinals especially at christmas-although thye ar e year round visitors to our bird feeders
how wonderful to get your boys involved in a community relief project

Monika/Buzsy said...

Lovely card Korin. That is just such a pretty image... great papers and embellishments. :o)

Neva said...

FAbulous sample Korin and I absolutely LOVE the special stamp set fund raiser. God will surely bless your efforts.

Bridget said...

A very beautiful card, Korin. And what a thoughtful, caring thing this new stamp set is - the sentiments are so meaningul, I'm sure it will be the source of many cards which bring comfort!

Cathymac said...

What a beautiful cardinal card, Korin! Love the papers the pearls, and the lace! Involving your boys in this relief effort in Pine Grove is sure to leave a positive and lasting impression on them. Your beautiful stamp set will bring help to many. Blessings to you and the boys!