Saturday, May 7, 2011

Time for Tea


Happy Saturday, friends!

How is it we are already a week into May? My goodness! Summer will be here and gone before we know it!

Since it's Saturday again, it's time for another fun sketch brought to you by The Sweet Stop. Here's my sample....

I went a bit crazy with the layers....I added machine stitching and paper pieced the teapot and flower...


and I even decorated the inside of the card.....

It sure was a lot of fun to make :)! I am not a tea drinker but I love this new stamp set (Tea Time). I love that you can stamp the various smaller images into the middle of the teapot or the teacup, but they also lend very well to paper piecing. LOTS of possibilities with this one!

Once I had the card almost finished (minus the sentiment) I was trying to figure out WHERE to put the sentiment, so I thought tying it onto the teapot handle would be cute. I really like how it turned out :).

This sentiment I especially love, is just so inviting and sweet :).....my friend Sandy found it for me when I was working on this set and I am so glad she did :).

The papers are by Echo Park, their Summer Days and Springtime lines.

Oh and before I forget....did you see the new digis we just released for Father's Day??

Let's Go Fishing

Cocoa's Baseball Hat

Mr. Fix-it

Father's Day Sentiments

And they are just in time for our For the Guys Customer Blog Hop, which starts May 13th (next weekend!). I hope you'll mark your calendar, grab your masculine Sweet 'n Sassy images and plan to join us! It's sure to be another great hop!

Thanks for stopping by today. And to all you mothers out there, have a blessed Mother's Day in Jesus tomorrow!!

Love & hugs to all,
Korin

3 comments:

Mary Marsh said...

this is a beautiful card korin-love the paper piecing -this is a great set to use that technique

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

So pretty...love those papers and the paper pieced tea pot. :)

LOVE the new Let's Go Fishing image!!! NEED that one!! :)

Hugs,
Wendy

Sheryl said...

I love your Tea pot card! You have inspired me to try paper piecing! I love the way you placed the tag on the handle! The flower in the center is so cute! Very pretty! Adorable new stamps for Father's day!