Sunday, August 7, 2011

Old Becomes New


I'm a day late with this post due to another busy week and I do apologize. The Sweet Stop sketch this week is a super simple one that lends well to almost any image. In fact, I went with a different approach and used a sentiment with a offset image. I hope you'll grab the sketch and join the rest of the Sugar Babies this week. We can't wait to see what you make!

For my card I used the New Creature stamp set (also available as a digi) and Valise papers from Memory Box. I actually colored the butterfly with CHALKS! Can you believe it, no COPICS? I know, it's amazing isn't it ;)? I wanted to stick with a softer look so I think the chalks helped me achieve that.

Thanks for stopping by today. Be sure to check back everyday this week. The Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Sweet Peeks begin tomorrow and we have some amazing new sets to share with you :). I can't wait!! Our Release Party is scheduled for August, 15th at 8pm EST. There is some big news coming with this release....you won't want to miss it :)!!!

Happy Sunday!!

2 comments:

Basslady said...

hon, this is so marvellous!

i love the butterfly, the papers and the wonderful pearl-swirl!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

Sara I. said...

Found your blog thru the Sweet Stop and wanted to tell you how utterly fabulous this card is! Lovin' everything about it right down to the papers! Gorgeous work and thank you for sharing it!