Tuesday, January 5, 2010

All That I Need


Have you ever just stopped and looked around you at all of the wonderful blessings God has given you? In the quiet of the morning as I walk through my house, I can't help but thank my Lord for all he has provided for me and for my family. Sure, our kitchen floor needs replaced, there are drafts coming in through every door and window, there is dirt in every corner, the paint is peeling in more places than I can even mention, and the list goes on for home improvements, but....I have a home, it sits a top a hill overlooking a beautiful community with mountains all around, there is heat coming from my furnace on this VERY cold morning, hubby is off to work to provide for our family, my children are home and healthy, there is a working vehicle parked in my garage, there is food in my fridge and pantry, my electricity is working, my plumbing is working, my appliances all work, and goodness, the list of blessings could go on and on and on.... While there may be things I would like to have or improve, God has promised to provide for my every need and he has always done just that. In fact, when I look around I see much more than needs provided...He has provided exceeding abundantly!

But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fullness of God. Now unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us, Unto him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Ephesians 3:19-21

Not only does God provide for our needs physically, but also spiritually, when we are weighed down with the cares of this world, His strength sustains us.

My grace is sufficient for thee, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, wait on the Lord.
Psalm 27:14

If you are a child of the King, whatever you are going through today, God will provide. He loves you and He knows what is best for you. I encourage you today to count your blessings, remember what God has already done for you. When you count your blessings the cares of today seem to fade away.

Count Your Blessings
When upon life’s billows you are tempest-tossed,
When you are discouraged, thinking all is lost,
Count your many blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Are you ever burdened with a load of care?
Does the cross seem heavy you are called to bear?
Count your many blessings, every doubt will fly,
And you will keep singing as the days go by.

When you look at others with their lands and gold,
Think that Christ has promised you His wealth untold;
Count your many blessings—wealth can never buy
Your reward in heaven, nor your home on high.

So, amid the conflict whether great or small,
Do not be discouraged, God is over all;
Count your many blessings, angels will attend,
Help and comfort give you to your journey’s end.

Chorus:
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
Count your blessings, see what God hath done!
Count your blessings, name them one by one,
And it will surprise you what the Lord hath done.

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for continually providing for me and my family. Your blessings go on without end. When I think of what I deserve, I am in awe by your love and grace. Help me to see the blessings all around me even when times are tough, when things don't go according to plan. May I overcome the trials by trusting in your sovereign watchcare over me, by remembering where I came from and how far you have brought me. In Jesus precious name, AMEN.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

This brought tears to my eyes, and goosebumps to my arms! I was just have a major conversation with my hubby about our investments and a different way he wants to start doing things with our money to insure he can retire in 25 years.

I bring this up because "How" he wants to change things won't change our financial situation NOW, but in two years, we are going to have to find a way to continue it and it is going to cost major moolah! BUT, after reading this, I know that all will be okay, and you made me regain that trust that I have always had in Him and KNOW that all things will go smoothly! And they will!

Thanks, Korin!

Elaine M said...

Korin - I am soooo enjoying this new blog. Your words are just what I need each day. Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.
Blessings - Elaine