Saturday, January 30, 2010

Sing With Me Saturday

When they were come to the place, whch is called Calvary,
there they crucified Him.

Luke 23:33

At Calvary

Years I spent in vanity and pride,
Caring not my Lord was crucified,
Knowing not it was for me He died
On Calvary.

By God’s Word at last my sin I learned;
Then I trembled at the law I’d spurned,
Till my guilty soul imploring turned
To Calvary.

Now I’ve giv’n to Jesus everything,
Now I gladly own Him as my King,
Now my raptured soul can only sing
Of Calvary!

Oh, the love that drew salvation’s plan!
Oh, the grace that brought it down to man!
Oh, the mighty gulf that God did span
At Calvary!

Chorus:
Mercy there was great, and grace was free;
Pardon there was multiplied to me;
There my burdened soul found liberty
At Calvary.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for sending your only son to die for me at Calvary. I don't deserve your sacrifice, I deserve hell, but you loved me so much you wanted to give me a way to have eternal life, a life spent with you. May I never forget what you did for me at Calvary and may I share the joyous miracle of Calvary's plan with all those around me. In Jesus holy name, AMEN.

3 comments:

Elaine M said...

What a blessing to get the words to the hymns I sang when I was little - brings back such wonderful memories. I really look forward to your Saturday posts. Thanks so much!

Natalie said...

We sing this one frequently!! We want to make sure the new generation coming up doesn't forget the old hymns so our worship service is a blend of old and new! So many are filled with such excellent doctrine. God bless!

~~Deby said...

a favorite hymn of mine...do you know the word CALVARY is not in most versions of the Bible nowadays...scary to me.