Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
Psalm 127:3This morning I am feeling a tad down, so I am trusting in the LORD to lift my spirits. There are some big changes heading my way, good changes, but tough nonetheless. I am ready for the LORD to work but it is imperative that I move out of the way and allow Him to lead and even more importantly, that I keep my focus and order my priorities according to HIS will.
One of those priorities is my children. They are gifts from God entrusted to my care that I might nurture, love, and most of all teach and train them in the ways of the LORD.
Within the past year, so many friends have lost or almost lost a child or loved one.....how sobering to be reminded that life is but a vapor.
Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away.
James 4:14
We are never guaranteed tomorrow, so we MUST make the most of today! I need to teach my children NOW. I must use every moment I have with them to teach them of Christ and his unfailing love for them. It is my responsibility as a Christian mother.
And ye shall teach them your children, speaking of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.
Deuteronomy 11:19
We will not hide them from their children, shewing to the generation to come the praises of the LORD, and his strength, and his wonderful works that he hath done.
Psalm 78:4
They will not be my little boys forever and even if they have tomorrow, and the next day and the next year and so on, what they learn NOW will effect the men they one day become.
Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
Proverbs 22:6
I need to take my job as a mother seriously today and every day these dear ones are with me and I need to make the most of the the time I have with them.
So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom. Psalm 90:12
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for entrusting me with the care of YOUR children. Help me to be the mother and teacher you want me to be, that my boys would grow in the nurture and admonition of the LORD, that they would see your marvelous works and praise your name, that they would live for you and one day become the godly men you would have them to be. Help me to use my time with them wisely and may they see YOUR SON in me. I pray in Jesus precious name, AMEN.
2 comments:
Beautifully said and oh so true! Thank you for the encouragement to me this morning as I also strive to remember to teach, admonish and love my children as Christ would have me to. You are in my prayers each day and I am thankful for our friendship!
Judging by the picture of your children, you’ve been abundantly blessed!!
Our children must be our number one priority and we must remember that they learn far more from our actions and reactions than from what we say.
I know you’re a wonderful example.
I pray that whatever choices you are making will be guided by the Lord and that He will give you calm assurance each step of the way.
(I finally made it to the post office – watch your mail box for a little goodie to encourage you)
Post a Comment