Monday, January 11, 2010

A Word To The Weary

And let us not be weary in well doing:
for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Galatians 6:9

Ah yes, it's Monday again. Another busy but enjoyable weekend has passed and although it is easy to have the Monday blahs today I think I will choose to rejoice instead!

The mundane tasks we must complete each day can be such a drag, can't they? I recall many times just wishing I had a different life, so I didn't have to do all of those mundane tasks, but the fact is, those tasks are part of the job that God has given me. Being a housewife, a homeschool mother, a deacon's wife and even a business woman can tire me out, make me weary, but they are what I am, what God has allowed me to be. He wants me to give my best with a grateful heart, to not grow weary in well-doing, because HE is my strength and HE alone will sustain me! The tasks that are set before us each day may seem so trivial but when done with the right attitude and perspective, relying on God's strength rather than our own, we can reap what we sow, the blessings will flow like we could never imagine!

Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding.
Isaiah 40:28


Isn't that a powerful verse?! God NEVER grows weary!
Your Creator, my Creator, He has enough strength for all of His children should we simply rely on it!

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.
Isaiah 40:31

Reading that verse literally brings tears to my eyes.
What can I even say? It says it all.

Let's not grow weary in well-doing, in the mundane tasks set before us this day, but wait upon the Lord to renew our strength TODAY and every day!

Dear Heavenly Father, Your word is so powerful. Thank you for speaking to me through it and teaching me more and more about You, Your love for me, and how I can be the person You want me to be. Help me not to grow weary of the daily tasks that seem so trivial. Help me to joy in them, for they come from you. Help me to do my best, as unto the Lord and to rely on Your strength when I begin to grow weary, that my strength might be renewed! In Jesus precious and holy name, AMEN.

2 comments:

dianadavis said...

Stumbled acrosss your devotional this morning. Great encouragement! Thanks.

Elaine M said...

What a blessing to know that when we reach the end of ourselves, God is there fully able to provide just what we need to do what He's called us to do. Thanks for the reminder.