
Yesterday we had family over for our final Christmas "get-together" and during all of the hullabaloo, our kitty, Nolan, got outside. He has never been outside on our property, so we were worried. My oldest son was really upset. He barely slept last night and was up early this morning searching for Nolan in the cold wind. I, too, was worried...Nolan is part of the family and I wanted him home just like the boys did, but I knew that it was all in God's hands and there was nothing I could humanly do to bring him back. So, I prayed and took the opportunity to share a spiritual perspective...I told the boys that God created Nolan, just as he had created us, that he knew how much Nolan meant to us and that he would take care of him and bring him home to us if it was His will. Not even a minute after I spoke those words, I grabbed a bowl of food to put outside for our "outside" cats, opened the door to the garage and saw Nolan sitting there with the other cats!! Isn't God just amazing??
This very fast answer to prayer reminded me how important it is for us to trust our Heavenly Father even in the little things. He knows our hearts and He cares. When we trust Him completely, we have peace and the best part....He always comes through! It may not be our way, but His ways are perfect.
These are just a few powerful verses that come to mind on the topic of TRUST....
What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. Psalm 56:3
We were definitely afraid...for our kitty's safety, but God was in control the entire time.....
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6
We didn't understand why our kitty was gone, but we saw God work when we trusted Him....
Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. Psalm 62:8
We trusted Him even in this little thing....
As for God, his way is perfect, the word of the Lord is tried: he is a buckler to all them that trust in him. 2 Samuel 22:31
His way was perfect and our kitty came home :).
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for bringing our kitty home to us and showing us your power when we simply trusted in you. Help me to trust in you in ALL things--always. And help me not to worry for your ways are perfect. Thank you for caring for me and taking care of me. In Jesus precious name, AMEN.
No comments:
Post a Comment