Sunday, January 10, 2010

Scripture Sunday


Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to his mercy he saved us, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the Holy Ghost; Which he shed on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Saviour;
Titus 3:5-6

There is NOTHING we can do to merit salvation. No good works have ever gotten and will ever get ANYONE into Heaven. We are ALL born sinners. There is none righteous, no not one, (Romans 3:10) but God through His infinite mercy sent His only Son, the Lamb of God, to be the ultimate sacrifice for all. From the moment each of us came into this world, we were enemies of God. When God looks upon the unsaved all he sees is their sin, but when he looks upon those of us who have been redeemed, He sees only the blood of His Son!! You have already been offered the gift of redemption and salvation.....the question is, have YOU accepted the gift?

Dear Heavenly Father, THANK YOU for your love, which I do not deserve. I could never do anything to earn your love nor could I do anything to earn an eternity in Heaven, but by your grace and mercy you chose me, you gave me the gift of salvation and I accepted it. Now Father, may I do all that I can to share that gift of love and mercy with all those around me that they, too, might know the peace and joy that comes from KNOWING your Son, Jesus, the Savior and Redeemer. In Jesus most holy name, AMEN.

1 comment:

Elaine M said...

What a lovely prayer - that's going in my prayer book!