The LORD is good unto them that wait for him,to the soul that seeketh him.
Lamentations 3:25
Are you a fly-by-the-seat-of-your-pants type of person? I am. It's so hard for me to plan and schedule and I tend to make decisions on the fly as well---not a good quality for a Christian to have, but I am working on it.
I learned a very powerful concept recently---WISDOM WAITS. There is so much WISDOM in that phrase.
Let's put this into perspective with a little story....
Over the summer, we had problems with our washing machine. One day I went down to the basement to do laundry and I noticed the washing machine was still full of water with the clothes in it--YUCK. At first I thought maybe one of the boys turned it off mid-cycle for some reason. After trying to run it again, I realized that was not the case. Every time it got to the draining cycle it wouldn't drain. Dirty, soapy water that has been sitting in the washing machine for a while does not smell very nice, I can tell you! So I was determined to get this fixed asap.
My hubby is a very handy person but he doesn't really know much about washing machines, so we figured we would either just call a repair person or possibly even get a new machine. Well, we didn't have the money at the time to do either so we figured we'd make a trip to Best Buy or Sears and just charge a new machine---something we REALLY didn't want to do either. The typical me would have just charged it seeing no other option, but at the time, God was teaching me this very concept (wisdom waits) through a ladies Sunday School class I was teaching, so we decided to just pray and wait to see what He had planned. I had no idea what I was going to do about my laundry and I even had a friend wash sheets and bedding for me because we had house guests coming for the weekend. Thank you, Anne :)!
After a couple of days of the water sitting in the washing machine, hubby finally got the chance to go down and drain it (he's a busy guy you know). I was sitting where I am right now (at the computer) and he came back upstairs and said, "There's no water in the machine." At first I thought he was kidding (he does that A LOT), and I said, "Yeah right, haha." And he said, "No, really, the machine is empty." I couldn't believe it. So he started another load (without clothes) just to see if it would drain again. Then we waited....and would you believe, it drained!! I have no idea how or why but I can tell you that it had everything to do with God's plan. Instead of doing the typical "solve the problem on our own" we actually waited and God provided! We still have that same washing machine and it hasn't done that since! If we hadn't waited on the Lord, sure we would have a new washing machine, but we would have the bill that goes with it and we would have scrapped a perfectly good washing machine. We would never have known the joy in waiting on the Lord and seeing Him provide!
Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.
Psalm 25:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul doth wait, and in his word do I hope.
Psalm 130:5
So the next time you go to make a quick decision, remember these wise words---WISDOM WAITS!
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for teaching me that wisdom waits. Help me to always remember these two words when a decision needs to be made. Give me the strength to wait on you for everything and may you receive the glory for all that you do! In Jesus precious name, AMEN.
3 comments:
Korin, thanks for sharing this. I am NOT a patient person, but the Lord (and others) have been encouraging me to wait before I speak or act, especially about some matters with my DD. While I am surprised at the outcome, I am glad I buttoned my lip and waited! I am trusting that He is continually faithful to bring about a resolution!
A very timely post - waiting is not easy for me - I want it fixed yesterday! Gotta feeling that I'll be hearing the words "wisdom waits" in my mind in the future. Thanks so much for your wise words
I am going to hold on to this one! Wisdom Waits, there really is power in that!
Post a Comment