Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sing With Me Saturday


I LOVE good old fashioned hymns. I love listening to them and I love singing them and since my Saturdays are often times just as busy as my Sundays, I thought it would be fun to share the lyrics of a precious hymn every Saturday as well as the verse it was inspired by. Music is a wonderful way for us to worship our God and Savior!

So sing along with me....

Just As I Am
Just as I am, without one plea
But that thy blood was shed for me
And that thou bidd’st me come to thee
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot,
To thee, whose blood can cleanse each spot,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, though tossed about
With many a conflict, many a doubt,
Fightings and fears within, without,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, poor, wretched, blind;
Sight, riches, healing of the mind,
Yea, all I need, in thee to find,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

Just as I am, thou wilt receive,
Wilt welcome, pardon, cleanse, relieve;
Because thy promise I believe,
O Lamb of God, I come, I come.

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me: and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
John 6:37

Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for taking me just as I was years ago, for saving me from my sins through the precious blood of your Son and for molding me day by day into the person you want me to be. Thank you for the assurance I have in Christ's death and resurrection that I will one day spend eternity with You in Heaven! Help me to seek your will each day and to share your promise with those around me. In Jesus precious name, AMEN.

2 comments:

Elaine M said...

New worship songs are wonderful and uplifting - but those old hymns really touch your heart in a very special way don't they.

Unknown said...

I love your site and your use of KJV scripture. I appreciate your stand for Christ. God bless you richly. Marilyn