This week we took two "mental health" days from homeschooling....in other words, we all really needed a break ;).....and for me that means therapy/crafting time. As a homeschooling family we don't do "snow days" so we take "mental health" days instead ;).
One of the things I did with my time off was play along with this week's SCS color challenge. I actually made two cards for the challenge so I am going to just share them both with you today :).

My first card sort of looks like a pearl explosion....not sure why I kept adding to it, but I did, so this card has a serious amount of stuff going on LOL!
I don't have SU! colors so I always have to improvise. I found some papers in my stash from Crate Paper called Prudence and paired them up with some Basic Grey Capella. I think it worked pretty well.
The corners and sentiment panel are die cuts which also came from the Prudence paper pack.
| Stamps: Wait on the Lord (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps) |
| Paper: Prudence (Crate Paper), Capella (Basic Grey) |
| Ink: Versafine |
| Accessories: Fancy Tags Die, flowers, LOTS of pearls, Stickles, ribbon |

My second card not only features the color combo but I also used the CPC sketch for this week, too.
The "scenery" on this card was inspired by this card http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ga...p;ppuser=17703 made by Dina Kowal, although she did a much better job with it. What talent!
I paper pieced the dress and the umbrella.....no easy task, but the end result was quite nice.
| Stamps: Let it Rain (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps) |
| Paper: Prudence (Crate Paper), Capella (Basic Grey) |
| Ink: Copics, Memento, Versafine & Sky (CTMH) for sponging |
| Accessories: pearls, ribbon, border punch, Crystal Lacquer, Nesties |
On a completely different note I did want to share something exciting with you :).....

Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps is hosting our very first CUSTOMER blog hop next weekend and we would LOVE to have YOU participate in the line up!
Click the badge above to get the full scoop. Why not even grab the badge and stick it on your blog, too :). Let's spread the love for SNSS :)!
Thanks for stopping by today!
May your day be richly blessed!
~Korin
5 comments:
Both of these cards are stunning! I love them both- great scene on the rain card and love the softness of the other card. Actually the first one reminds me of a card I would make :) Miss you- can't wait for spring so I can come see you!
Hi Korin, stunning cards! Hope you feel refreshed after your wee break. Luv Trish x
Your cards are amazing! I really like all the pearls on the first one..there's so many of them but you used them perfectly! Hope you enjoyed your 'mental health' day!
These are both wonderful!! The first one is stunning with all of the pearls and dimension.
WOW, both cards are Gorgeous!!! Love all the pearls on the first one and the paper piecing on the second. Hope you enjoyed your mental health days!! We all need those from time to time!!
Post a Comment