Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Happy Birthday!


Last night I sat and colored a few non-SNSS images and this was one of them.

I really wanted to make something with the images I colored so when I saw today's SCS sketch, I was thrilled because it's perfect for this image.

This particular image is from Sugar Nellie. Isn't she sweet? Her dress sort of reminded me of Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz, so that is how I colored her although I left out the ruby slippers ;).

I didn't really have much by way of DP to match the image so I made my own. I dry embossed the white with my CB folder and then colored the embossed images with my Copics.

It seems I am always in need of birthday cards, but I never have the right thing, so I am challenging myself to make more birthday cards. The Happy Birthday sentiment I used on this card is from a set we will be releasing in the next couple months. It contains MANY "Happy Birthday" sentiments in different fonts :). It's a very useful set, let me tell you!

Thanks for taking the time to visit me today :).

Have a fabulous day!
~Korin

3 comments:

Pattie said...

Oh so cute Korin! I would love to get that Sugar Nellie stamp! You colored her perfectly!
Hugs,
Pattie

Danni said...

This has such a country feel to it, so sweet!

CanadianScraps43 said...

Korin this is gorgeous. I love how you coloured this sweet little girl and yes she really does look like Dorthy.