Friday, February 18, 2011

Simple Silhouette

Good morning stamping friends!

Before I share my card today I have to tell you, we had over 60 degree weather yesterday!!!!!! It was fabulous! I had a sweater on over a tank top and I actually had to take the sweater off at one point :). It was such a lovely glimpse of Spring! There is still snow on the ground, but it's more like slush now and it will probably be gone soon if the temps keep up like this.


Onto my card........I was playing with our Serene Silhouettes stamp set for the SCS Ways To Use It Challenge yesterday and this is the CAS card I came up with.

The black DP is from For the Record by Echo Park and I got the gorgeous ribbon at Mark's Finest Papers.

I have to tell you a little funny about that awesome double bow. Have you ever seen the cool doohickey Becca Feeken created to tie her fabulous pegs bows? Well, I am not a very patient person....I didn't have time to go out and buy the items necessary to create this fun tool let alone the time to build it so this is what I did.......


You have my permission to giggle a little.....even laugh out loud if you want to ;).......I bascially just tied two pencils to this "utensil holder" I use for some of my supplies. It may be funny looking, but it works :).....at least until I get the necessary items to build something like Becca's cool invention :).

Thanks for joining me today :).

Inky hugs,
Korin

6 comments:

Becky Jo said...

Very innovative! Your bow is gorgeous! Love the looks of your elegant card. Great job! I had my husband make me a bow tying device. TFS Becca's video. I learned what I'm doing wrong. Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful..l love the layout and these colors always look great together..l also have a very hard time with bows..l love your new bow tie..ha ha thank you for sharing l am going to copy your...Thanks Cathy

Natalie said...

Your card is so elegant, Korin. Beautiful! And I'm going over to Bekka's and check out that tutorial, I've been having fits over my bows lately. Thanks for sharing your homemade device, not funny at all, I think it's very "Macgyver" of you!! ;-)

Carol L said...

I saw Becca's post with her pegged bow-maker, and I must say your creation is every bit as clever as hers! Your bow is proof that it works!! Love that ribbon and DP combo with the image! Gorgeous!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

Very elegant card and that big bow is GORGEOUS!!!

Kim S said...

I love this set! And, after looking at the actual stamps, I love the way you nestled that butterfly into the flowers. It's on my list (when I picking up all the cute bunny digis!)