
Be still, and know that I am God:
I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.
Psalm 46:10
I have the hardest time being still....in fact I don't even really like to be still. I like to be busy all the time. Even when I sit down to watch TV I usually have something else going on, but it is so important for me to take the time to be still, just to quiet my heart and focus on God's word and His promises, to spend time with Him in prayer and give Him the opportunity to speak to me through His Holy Spirit.
Great peace have they which love thy law:
and nothing shall offend them.
Psalm 119:165
When the spirit is overloaded with the cares of this world, it is difficult to find peace and be still. We are almost too busy to MAKE the time to be still, but God's peace is worth the time. He can calm the storm in our anxious hearts and give us the peace that passes all understanding.
He maketh the storm a calm, so that the waves thereof are still.
Psalm 107:29
And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding,
shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7
When it feels as if the weight of the world is on your shoulders, BE STILL. Make the time to share your cares with God. He wants to hear from you. He wants to strengthen your heart. He wants you to feel His peace and rest.
Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart,
all ye that hope in the LORD.
Psalm 31:24
Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden,
and I will give you rest.
Matthew 11:28
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for always being there to give me the strength to endure the cares of this world. Help to me MAKE the time to be still, to allow you to fill me with your peace that I might be refreshed and renewed. The tasks of this life can be so overwhelming and the burdens so heavy, but YOU are able to strengthen and calm my anxious spirit. May I never allow the cares of this world to choke out your word and make it unfruitful. Give me a desire to spend time with you each day that I might be ready to take on the tasks ahead and not grow weary. I pray in Jesus holy name, AMEN.
2 comments:
Korin,
I really appreciate reading your blog. Thanks for posting it's address on FB, I didn't know you had one. I read it to pastor Jim and he really enjoyed it too! May God bless you and use you as a vessel for His glory over and beyond what you can think to imagine. I know He will bless your stamping business too! Thanks again! We will be following your blog!
Of Like Precious Faith,
Pastor Jim & Sheryl :)
Thanks for the much needed reminder...it's far too easy to fall into the urgency of the moment. Be still and know!!
Post a Comment