Have you ever asked this question? I know I have. When I am in a situation that may be less than appealing, something I may have even gotten myself into, I often wonder, "Why me?" but while I may not understand why, God does and he just might have a plan that I cannot see.
Let's recall the book of Esther, one amazing example of God's perfect plan....
Esther was a young Jewish girl, taken from her home to be a part of the king's harem after the queen had displeased him. (Esther 1-2:8) She had not made her nationality known to anyone as instructed by Mordecai, her cousin and guardian. (Esther 2:10) Her beauty and kindness despite her less than desirable circumstances, made her well-liked by all. When the time came for her to be brought before the king, she found great favor in his sight above all of his concubines and so crowned her queen. (Esther 2:9-16)
In chapter 3 of Esther, the Bible goes on to tell us about Mordecai and Haman. Haman was a man of high rank in the kingdom, a very proud man. He hated Mordecai because he would not bow to him (as a Jew, this was against his religion), so Haman wanted to kill Mordecai. He realized that killing only Mordecai would not solve his problem (the Jews not bowing to him), so he tricked the king into signing a decree that would give Haman the power "to do with them as it seemeth good to thee." (verse 11)
This is my favorite part...in chapter 4 we read that Mordecai told Esther of the plans of Haman and asked her to go before the king to pleed for her people. Esther was afraid because the law stated that anyone who went before the king uninvited would be put to death, but Mordecai urged Esther and said these very wise words,
"Who knoweth whether thou art come to the kingdom for such a time as this?"
Esther 4:14c
WOW!! Through God's perfect plan, Esther was able to use her position as queen to go before the king, expose Haman's plot and save her people. (Esther 5-8)
The next time you ask yourself, "Why me?" think about Esther. Remember that God allows things to happen to His children for a reason. He may have big plans for you in the situation you are in but in order to see those plans unfold and God's will done, we must surrender to them and allow Him to use us!
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for the example we have in Esther. Help me to remember, in every situation I may find myself, that YOU are in control, YOU have a plan even if I cannot yet see it. Help me to surrender to your perfect plan and allow you to use me for YOUR glory. Help me to stay humble and to rejoice in all things. In Jesus precious name, AMEN.
1 comment:
It has been a busy week with the snow days, but I am catching up now!
I just love your blog, it really is so inspiring!
Post a Comment