This past week was such a crazy one around here....I can't believe it's already Monday again and how is it that August almost over?!
Anyway, I have a quick prayer request if you don't mind.....last night after I got out of the car to go into church my bad shoulder started bothering me---a lot....I have no idea what I did to it, but the pain was pretty bad through the whole service and this morning I had to put my arm in a sling--UGH.
A little background on my shoulder.....I went to the doctor a few years ago because my back between my shoulder and neck was often giving me problems...tons of inflammation and pain. He told me that I am very "flexible", my ligaments are super stretchy like a stretched out rubber band and that if he pulled hard enough he could pull my arm right out of the socket---fun stuff. He recommended that I go for physical therapy to strengthen the muscles in my upper back and arm because they are over compensating for the lack of strength in my shoulder. Well, unfortunately money and time were a huge issue back then (as if anything has changed) so I never bothered to go for physical therapy. I just dealt with the pain as it came and went.
I can tell you that I am wishing now that I had listened to him. Over time it has gotten worse which brings us to now.....I will be calling the doctor shortly to see if I can get in and have it looked at again. It literally feels like my arm is hanging on my a thread....sounds strange but that is the best way for me to describe it. Even my hand is swollen on that arm and the discomfort goes from my hand all the way up to my neck including my shoulder blade. Being that it is my right arm and I am right-handed, it's quite an inconvenience. Typing isn't bad because my arm is propped up, but getting dressed this morning was quite interesting! If you would, please pray that I can get in soon and for wisdom as to what is going on and how to fix it or at least improve it. Being in pain and discomfort sure makes for a miserable mood, so pray also that I keep my eyes fixed on Christ and not the pain. I really appreciate your prayers!
Now how about that birthday card.....My brother-in-law's birthday was last week---the big 4-0----and this is the card I made him. He's a hunter and he lives in Wisconsin so I thought he might appreciate the moose ;). We ended up sending the card out late even though I made it in time (why does that always happen??) so my clever husband decided to write inside the card, "Sorry we MOOSED your birthday!" Hehe :)
Anyway, I have a quick prayer request if you don't mind.....last night after I got out of the car to go into church my bad shoulder started bothering me---a lot....I have no idea what I did to it, but the pain was pretty bad through the whole service and this morning I had to put my arm in a sling--UGH.
A little background on my shoulder.....I went to the doctor a few years ago because my back between my shoulder and neck was often giving me problems...tons of inflammation and pain. He told me that I am very "flexible", my ligaments are super stretchy like a stretched out rubber band and that if he pulled hard enough he could pull my arm right out of the socket---fun stuff. He recommended that I go for physical therapy to strengthen the muscles in my upper back and arm because they are over compensating for the lack of strength in my shoulder. Well, unfortunately money and time were a huge issue back then (as if anything has changed) so I never bothered to go for physical therapy. I just dealt with the pain as it came and went.
I can tell you that I am wishing now that I had listened to him. Over time it has gotten worse which brings us to now.....I will be calling the doctor shortly to see if I can get in and have it looked at again. It literally feels like my arm is hanging on my a thread....sounds strange but that is the best way for me to describe it. Even my hand is swollen on that arm and the discomfort goes from my hand all the way up to my neck including my shoulder blade. Being that it is my right arm and I am right-handed, it's quite an inconvenience. Typing isn't bad because my arm is propped up, but getting dressed this morning was quite interesting! If you would, please pray that I can get in soon and for wisdom as to what is going on and how to fix it or at least improve it. Being in pain and discomfort sure makes for a miserable mood, so pray also that I keep my eyes fixed on Christ and not the pain. I really appreciate your prayers!
Now how about that birthday card.....My brother-in-law's birthday was last week---the big 4-0----and this is the card I made him. He's a hunter and he lives in Wisconsin so I thought he might appreciate the moose ;). We ended up sending the card out late even though I made it in time (why does that always happen??) so my clever husband decided to write inside the card, "Sorry we MOOSED your birthday!" Hehe :)
It was a super easy and fast card---perfect for those times when you forget you need a card and gotta make one FAST! I am sure that never happens to anyone but me ;).
I used one of our newer releases, Forest Silhouettes. What a wonderful set for quick masculine cards! No coloring necessary!
Thanks for stopping by today and for praying! Don't forget to join the SNSS Design Divas for our September Release Blog Hop on Wednesday!
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.I used one of our newer releases, Forest Silhouettes. What a wonderful set for quick masculine cards! No coloring necessary!
Thanks for stopping by today and for praying! Don't forget to join the SNSS Design Divas for our September Release Blog Hop on Wednesday!
Blessings,
3 comments:
I'm so sorry about your shoulder. I have that problem, too. My shoulder will pop out often and at inopportune times. Besides the pain down into your hand, mine also causes migraines. uggh. My chiropractor is able to put it back in. Actually I've gotten pretty good at putting it back in myself. :-) I wonder if you have a good chiro in the area that could help you and keep you from going back to the doctor? Or come visit your brother in WI - my chiro is right over the border of WI in the UP of Michigan. He's fabulous!!!
Hi Korin,
I am sorry to hear about your shoulder. It is not fun to hurt all the time. I pray that our Lord will give your doctor wisdom and that you will feel better very soon. I will keep you in my prayers.
This is a wonderful man card. I love it!!!
Blessings,
Deb
I am praying for you. Stunning card!
Post a Comment