Monday, August 9, 2010

Clean & Simple--I CAN do it!

I CAN but even my family knows it's not me....


When I showed this first card to my son, he said, "What have you done with my mother?" LOL! My husband was also unimpressed, but I guess they just don't appreciate classic elegance ;). I made the top card for today's Splitcoast CAS challenge, which was a garden theme. Are you sitting down?.....it's only ONE layer!!! ACK! I know, I can barely believe it myself! When the idea popped in my head, I just had to go for it. I think it would be great for our church card ministry. Maybe I will stamp a cross in the center next time, hmmmmm.....

The image is from one of our newer releases, Serene Silhouettes and the sentiment is from April Daisy. I used a Nestie Oval to create my own paper stencil, then placed it over the card front and brayered. Pretty simple :).

This next card I made for the Featured Stamper challenge on SCS yesterday. Vicki Dutcher is the lucky lady for this week and I had a blast CASEing her. In fact, I made FIVE, count them, 1- 2-3-4-5 cards for the challenge yesterday!! Let's just say it had been a while, I had the time and I loved her gallery, so I rolled with it ;).


For this card I used our new Forest Silhouettes set, kraft cardstock and a journal pen for faux stitching. Easy peasy!

I have one final item to share with you today, well, technically two....


This precious baby is my friend Lorene's. He is almost 2 weeks old and such a cutie pie!! I wanted to stick him in my pocket and take him home with me--LOL!

And this adorable smiling face is his big sister, Lorinda. She is a trip, let me tell you. When she saw little Jamie getting some quality Kodak time, she needed in on the action ;). Isn't she so cute?!

Lorene is a dear, sweet Mennonite lady who owns a small rubber stamp and scrapbook store in Ephrata, PA where she carries much of the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps line. If you ever get to Lancaster County, PA, I highly recommend you go and see her (and her adorable children). She is super friendly AND funny :) and has awesome, low prices to boot! You won't be sorry---trust me! But stay alert while you are there! You never know what critters might be running around ;).

Today I leave you with one of my favorite uplifting quotes....

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass....It's about learning to dance in the rain!"

Much love,

3 comments:

Betty Townsend said...

Lovely cards, sweet looking kids; I'd love to take those sweet kids home with me. In Oct. 2006 we visited Ohio Amish country. We were driving from Mt. Vernon to Canton and stopped at a home bakery. It was owned by a Mennonite family...the owner was so friendly and she had a sweet 1 year old. We just about bought out all her products she had on hand. Everything was so good...we did save a few things to take to my son-in-law's parents in Canton where we were meeting my daughter and family.

Janice M said...

He's Adorable!!! Time to make a trip over there again! When I was there in July I picked up 2 more of your new sets!!

Cheryl said...

I love your CAS cards! Funny how men just don't "get it" sometimes.

Thank you for the warm welcome to the Sweet 'n Sassy guest DT team.

Take care!