Thursday, December 30, 2010

Melanie Mouse Loves You!

I'm back.....sorry for the recent break. I have been very busy preparing for Saturday's release. We have so many great things in store for the new year :).


In fact, one of them is this adorable new digi, Melanie Mouse. Isn't she sweet?

I was up for a few hours in the middle of the night thanks to a muscle relaxer I took that my doctor prescribed for me when I have muscle spasms. It was my last ditch effort to NOT go back for PT. Well, I can tell you that little pill worked and I am practically pain free....for now....BUT it literally put me in about a 6 hour coma!

It reads on the bottle, "May cause dizziness, drowsiness and headache." It SHOULD read, "WILL knock you out for approximately 6 hours and then you will be wide awake for 2-3 hours. Prepare accordingly." ;)

It literally felt like it feels when you are "coming to" after anesthesia. You're totally out of it and super tired. That was me. About an hour after I took that little yellow pill, I kept spacing out and felt like everything was kind of in slow motion (not a feeling I like because I hate feeling like I am not in control, yes, I am a HUGE control freak ;)....I couldn't keep my eyes open so I just went to sleep. Thus the coma ;). But, by 2am, I was up and WIDE AWAKE. I finally went back to bed about 4:30am.

So what did I do with this small block of quiet time you say? Well, I made this card (and another) :). What else did you expect? ;)

I broke out my new Echo Park Be Mine papers (Holy YUMMY, Batman!) and got to work. I don't know if you know it, but I LOVE pink and this card really shows it off ;).

I made this card for the Ways To Use It Challenge on SCS for today....thankfully, Kim posted it late last night, so I was able to play along early :).

The challenge was to use silver. I don't use silver much so this was definitely a challenge for me. When I started this card I wasn't sure I was going to be able to pull off using silver. I wanted to use these gorgeous pink papers and I didn't know if silver would compliment it so I figured if there was no silver, no big deal, at least I had a card made.

When the card was almost finished I decided I'd dig through my stash of do-dads just in case something silver would jump out at me. I ended up finding a silver heart brad that I thought might add a nice touch to my otherwise "plain jane" bow. It's not much, but it's my silver contribution :).

Thanks for stopping by today. Catch ya next time!

~Korin

1 comment:

Carol L said...

OH My Gosh, a mouse with a body! Too cute! Gotta love her along with all those tiny hearts!!
Hope you feel better soon!